15 Facts about Cannabis Seeds.
1. Seeds contain the crop rotation of the cannabis plant in the form of a genetic code, that is, the genotype of the plant. This DNA material usually consists of a mixture of the genes of two or three of the main types of cannabis. The main types are sativa, indica and ruderalis.
2. Ruderalis genetics can be found in autoflowering species. This is because rudelaris is the only one of the three main species, which flowers on a time basis, and not on the basis of the length of the daily photoperiod. This feature, and the fact that rudelaris species are very strong, make it a popular plant to breed with.
3. Many commercial cannabis seeds have become feminized. This means that they probably produce female plants. Very useful for growers, because they do not grow more unwanted male plants.
4. Hemp oil is in many cosmetics and plastics, but is also used in the preparation of food. As it contains many essential fatty acids. It is made by pressing cannabis seeds, and is totally not psychoactive. You cant get high on it, too bad eh?
5. Seeds can be stored for years without much reduction in germination. If You keep them in a dark, dry, cool place. In the refrigerator in a light and air-tight packaging is perfect.
6. Seeds are easy to germinate. Once they get the chance, they will grow. The only thing they need is a bit of moisture, heat and time. Within 72 hours, most seeds germinated.
7. The majority of the cannabis seeds on the market are hybrids. These are hybrids between two, or more other types. Land Races are the exception they are not hybrids, their genes have been formed by natural selection.
8. Laws on cannabis seeds vary from country to country. In the UK, cannabis seeds are perfectly legal, but abroad this is not always the case. So beware if you seeds sent to a foreign friend, or if you want to take seeds on holiday.
9. Archaeologists have found cannabis seeds in many places on earth. They have been found in the tombs of mummies from China and ships of the Vikings. Our forefathers like us loved the psychoactive effects of cannabis. This can be deduced from the fact that, the seeds were often found in people who did not make use of the fibers of the cannabis plant.
10. A typical Polish dish made from cannabis seeds. It is a soup and the name of the dish is siemieniotka. It is there a traditional dish for Christmas Eve.
11. Cannabis seeds possess an almost perfect balance of the vital fats. Including Omega 3, 6 and 9. These fats are crucial to human health and can not be produced by the body. That’s why you’ll often see pot seeds included in cereal or granola bars at the natural food store. There’s no distinction between the vital fats in common cannabis seeds and hemp seeds. Nevertheless cannabis seeds are a lot more extensive than hemp seeds just due to the fact that they consist of beneficial cannabinoids like THC.