Simple Method to make a Cannabis Extracts – Extracting with Alcohol. This is a simple method to make a cannabis extract. The principle is to separate the active substances of the plant from the plant material. The active ingredients are alcohol-soluble and can be easily separated from the plant material with a little time.
What you need:
- Buds: at least 4 grams of buds/trimmings: at least half a glass, the more the better
- Coffee filter (unbleached).
- Isopropyl alcohol – the purer, the better, 95 – 99% recommended (this is not for consumption!). You need about 100 – 200 ml of it per 10 grams of flowers.
- A screen (for filtering plant material).
- A dish of glass or porcelain, with a flat bottom (so that you get the finished extract easier).
- A small razor blade to scrape the extract.
- Optional, but highly recommended; a simple air blower (fan).
- Make sure that all tools and vessels are clean and dry.
- Fill your flowers in the small glass.
- Place the small glass and the alcohol in the freezer for at least 3 hours. (The alcohol freezes only from -89 ° C)
- Put a coffee filter over the large glass and fasten it there. (With rubber or cord)
Step by Step Instructions:
- Pour the alcohol into the small glass until the entire cannabis is covered.
- Close the lid and shake the glass vigorously for exactly 30 seconds.
- Filter everything through a sieve and a coffee filter. The material in the screen can be expressed to speed up the process. (However, filtering will still take 20-60 minutes.)
- Rinse the glass with some new alcohol and filter it through the coffee filter.
- When everything has passed through the filter, pour the liquid into the casserole.
- Rinse the glass again with some alcohol and then pour it into the casserole.
- Place the casserole in a well-ventilated place (garage, balcony …) and if you have a fan, let it blow at the lowest level on the liquid.
- The alcohol evaporates and the extract remains in the baking dish. This takes about 12-24 hours.
- The extract is ready when absolutely every liquid in the casserole evaporates.
- Use a razor blade or similar to remove the extract from the casserole and fill it in a container to store it.
When the alcohol evaporates and becomes mixed with air, it becomes highly flammable and can explode, so there must be good air exchange. Therefore, you should place it in a large and / or well-ventilated room and put the air in motion with a fan.
That’s it, a quick and easy way to make your own cannabis extraction here is a related post on how to make Cannabis Tincture